Location: Okaloosa & Walton County, FL
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time and Part Time
Pay Range: $12.00/hour
About this opportunity:
This position is responsible for:
- Rings bells for The Salvation Army Christmas Program at assigned locations.
- Ensures that the Kettle is never left unattended.
- Greets the public in a courteous and friendly manner.
Education & Experience: No formal education or experience requirements.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid State Driver’s license may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army Christmas Bell Program.
- Ability to follow instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to greet and respond to the general public courteously.
- Ability to abide by required dress code.
- Ability to ring small hand bell and be responsible for bell and apron.
Mental & Physical Abilities:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to stand in one location for extended periods in outside weather conditions.
- Duties are performed standing and may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of sitting or walking.
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
Work is performed outside where there are physical discomforts associated with changes in weather and discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt. Dressing appropriately is important for comfort.
To learn more about The Salvation Army of Okaloosa & Walton Counties,
Follow this link; Fort Walton Beach (salvationarmyflorida.org)
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army offers a broad range of career opportunities, particularly targeted toward those motivated by our mission, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army strives to do the “Most Good” for its employees by offering a greater sense of purpose in the work performed, by training and mentoring employees and by offering competitive compensation and benefit plans. Whether employed as a truck driver, administrative support team member or the director of a program, our employees understand at the core of their work is the opportunity to be an integral part of an organization that is Doing the Most Good.
Five values at the heart of everything we do…We are…
All employees recognize The Salvation Army is a church and agree they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, click on Job Search - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com) or apply in person at our Thrift Store, 425 Mary Esther Cutoff, Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32548
Application Submittal Period: 10/23/2023 – 12/15/2023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled