Title Universal Banker
Reports to: Branch Manager
This position is meant to be the “first line” of contact for customers as they enter the branch. Responsible for presenting and explaining a basic number of bank products and services to customers and assisting them to utilize these products and services. This person requires an ability
to communicate effectively with prospective and current customers and to represent the bank in a positive and professional manner.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Processes financial transactions for customers including such functions as opening and closing of accounts, issuing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals from accounts, issuing certificates, drafts and other negotiable instruments.
• Responds to routine customer inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting customers.
• Assist the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with all aspects pertaining to new accounts, loans, CDs and overall customer service.
• Cross-selling and recruitment of new business for the bank with regard to goals and future growth.
• Operates computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, balance transactions, and generally update customer account transactions and information to include operation of a teller window on an “as needed” basis.
• Other job duties as assigned or requested by Management.
• Performs all job duties in accordance with prescribed policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification and may not be all-inclusive. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Job descriptions may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.